Digital Cables ..

Hmmm ... not sure whether to wipe the egg off my face, or pat myself on the back! 

The Meridian 563 DAC .. LIVES!!!!!!

It seems that either my IXOS Coax cable has bitten the dust, or ... the internal Coax input is kaput! 

I found out the problem was the £80 Coax, as I plugged in my under £5 Optical and the Digital signal was shown as ‘Locked’ (as it should be when the DAC senses a live connection).

Sound quality difference between the two? None. Zilch. Zero. Nada.

Which brings me along to the thorny issue of: Why spend £80 on a Coax cable when a £3.50p Optical cable delivers EXACTLY the same goods?

Very good question! 

The answer? Don’t. 

If there’s no perceivable benefits to be had, then you’d be a fool to spend the extra on something that isn’t an audible upgrade.

.. and that’s shocking to me, as that IXOS cable was the bees-knees. Or so I thought.

Everyday is still a schoolday.

Comments

Popular Posts