The furthur adventures of Roon ..

I've had Roon now for about a month and I can honestly say it's the best Music Library app/program I've ever known. As a devout Sonos user, it's highlighted that systems shortcomings (particularly the absence of playing back true Hi Def files).

What refuses to play on Sonos, delights being played back through Roon .. aleit downsampled. And there's the rub.

I think in 2019 I'm going to be moving away from Sonos (at least the Connect anyway) and use something capable of working hand-in-hand with Roon (Roon sees a 24 bit file and (something like) Bluesound plays back a 24 bit file).

I'll possibly even hook-up an Aurelic to it, so I can make the most of Hi Res files, as Sonos without my Meridian DAC tackling ones and zeroes .. sounds .. how do I put this? .. utter crap. I think taking the digital-to-analog conversion away from the Bluesound will be worth it.

Then it'll be time to sell the Meridian and the Sonos Connect. C'mon Sonos .. sort yourselves out. Introduce the capability to play Hi Res.

So ..

Roon ..

If you have a digital library .. hook yourself with Roon and I absolutely guarantee you will be feeding your digital addiction forevermore.

Especially if you've got 24 bit files and the hardware to play them back on.

Comments

Popular Posts